I hope you had a great day yesterday with Family/Friends/Food/Football! Many of you will stay at home in your PJ’s today while enjoying leftovers & some of you are standing in line waiting to get that once in a lifetime Black Friday deal(The only Black Friday that I’ll be participating in this year is the fact that I am black, and it is indeed Friday. LOL!). But today I want to reflect on Thankfulness, as I believe the more we mature in our walk with Jesus the more we grow in gratefulness. Despite sufferings, hardships, brokenness, hurt, and pain we keep pressing forward, knowing all is temporary, understanding God disciplines those He loves, and that I truly can consider it pure joy and be thankful when trials come my way.
I’m obviously thankful for my wife, my daughters, my health, my family, my church, and my friends, but I wanted to reflect on 10 things I’m thankful for today that I often don’t possess a heart of gratitude towards.
1. Criticism from others. (God uses it to sharpen me)
2. A baby that wakes up in the middle of the night crying. (God meets me in these quiet times.)
3. Dirty Diapers (God uses them to give me opportunities to serve my wife.)
4. Ungrateful Friends. (God reminds me I’m serving Him, not them)
5. People Who Doubt. (God uses them to draw me to my knees for them)
6. Physical Pain. (God uses it to heighten my eternal perspective, reminding me I will one day have a new body)
7. Fickle Friends. (God uses them to remind me He is always faithful)
8. Deaths and Illness. (God uses this to remind me of the urgency I need to maximize my own life and time on earth)
9. Taxes. (God uses this to keep money from being idolatrous in my life)
10. People Who Disagree (God uses them to make me a better listener)
I truly am thankful for all the above. God uses all things for good for those whom He has called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). And for that I’m thankful. I realize that He does not treat us as our sins deserve (Psalm 103:10) and the more I truly meditate and understand this verse the more I realize I have everything to be thankful for. His mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:23). So the questions isn’t what do we have to be thankful for, but rather what do we not have to be thankful for?
If you enjoyed this article, Like it/Share it/ Comment/ and don’t forget to enter your email to get free updates!
Love you all,