Six years ago today Makenna entered our life. It was an amazing day, with amazing memories. These last 6 years have gone by as fast as everyone said they would. It’s been like holding on to sand… you try so hard but time slips away.
Five was a good year to her. She has finished Kindergarten. She is learning like crazy. She got baptized. She had her tonsils removed. She has a lot of friends. She became a big sister and is in love with her little sister, Amiyah.
To celebrate I thought it would be appropriate to share six things that are awesome about Makenna.
- She is beautiful but not in a girly, make-up, gotta have the best of everything kind of way.
- Imagination flows out of every pour of her body.
- Like her mom, she is a reader. We have every gadget a kid could want– and yet a trip to the library is the best adventure we can offer.
- Her face is hilariously expressive. Her mom is the queen of dirty looks. I am pretty good at making funny faces. But Makenna is insanely good at making all sorts of faces and expressions.
- Her smile is contagious. If you see her smiling you just want to smile with her.
- She knows more about Dinosaurs than you do about anything else. It’s almost unreal.
Turning six is a big deal. As I look forward to the next 12 months for her I can foresee a lot of changes, a lot of exploration, and a lot more learning. Makenna is just about the sweetest kid you’ll ever meet. I love her so much.
Six years? Oh, the things she can do now. She has steadily changed from a little baby girl to my big girl. As I think about this year and the 4 years to come I wonder about what she’ll be like at 10 years old. There are so many things I can’t wait to see… but like every other parent… I just want to hold on. Happy Birthday Baby Girl!